Friday, July 8, 2011

Day XXXVIII [ From Neftalí Ricardo Reyes Basoalto a.k.a. Pablo Neruda]






[Part II]

In what way I can make you look at me?
Each day, 
I’m missing your sight
Each day,
 ‘I love you’ becomes not enough
It’s overpowering that I know I’m losing the fight

It’s the thirty seventh hour,
and I’m two meters away now
Yet, miles better
than yesterday,
and the other day

You’ve always been meters away from me
And I’ve always been wanting to get any nearer,
inch by inch,
each passing day, beside you 
where I can feel your presence around me
where I can smell the fragrance you wear
that I can taste the sweetness of your divine stillness

It has always been like this,
same hour, everyday
But, I never get tired of this
And I swear I won’t.

This is my thirty seventh letter,
As I write in breeze your heavenly actions,
these words become my dream
as day becomes night
At night,
when the universe sleeps with me

Not too far,
your eyes I can see
You’re reading in silent utter and
I imagine you’re speaking with me

And so I whispered your name
Then, you look at me;
TIME IS UP!

And away you go…

I shall see you tomorrow, my Beloved.










Kathryn Narciso
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
click the link below for Part I [Day XXXVIII  From Neftalí Ricardo Reyes Basoalto a.k.a Pablo Neruda]:
http://ipainteditgray.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-xxxviii_08.html

1 comment:

  1. click the link below for Part I:
    http://ipainteditgray.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-xxxviii_08.html

    ReplyDelete

Loading...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Box